Concentration: Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Product Liability and Commercial Litigation
- 2012 The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers Award
- Named “Pennsylvania Super Lawyer” for 2011, 2012 and 2013 – an honor for only the top 5% of lawyers each year
- 2005, 2006 , 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 “Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Star”
- Named “Lawyer on the Fast Track” for 2009 by The PA Law Weekly
- Board Certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- PA’s Top Twenty Under Forty for 2008
- Lecturer for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Pennsylvania Association of Justice, Defense Research Institute, Dispute Resolution Institute, Lackawanna County Bar Association, National Business Institute, Tort Talk Legal Blog, Committee For Justice For All, Northeast Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association and American Board of Trial Advocacy
- Published nationally in Trial Magazine in 2009
Biography: Paul started as a Law Clerk with Dougherty, Leventhal & Price, L.L.P. while attending the University of Scranton in 1990. After completing law school in 1995, he started as an Associate in the Scranton/Moosic office immediately and became a Partner in 2000. He focuses his practice on complex civil litigation including medical malpractice, product liability, insurance bad faith and automobile/trucking cases.
He has been named a Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy since 2003 and was recognized as a “Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Star” each year between 2005 and 2010. He has been named a “Pennsylvania Super Lawyer” every year since 2011.
He is also a Fellow in the Litigation Council of America which is a Trial Lawyer honorary society composed of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers. He was most recently selected by the National Trial Lawyers as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer in 2012. Membership into this organization is by invitation only and is extended to those individuals who exemplify superior qualifications, trial results and leadership in their respective State.
Paul has lectured extensively for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Pennsylvania Association of Justice, Defense Research Institute, Dispute Resolution Institute, Lackawanna County Bar Association, National Business Institute, Tort Talk Legal Blog, Committee For Justice For All, Northeast Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association and American Board of Trial Advocacy. He is a member of the NEPA Trial Lawyers’ Association, American Association of Justice, Pennsylvania Bar Association and Lackawanna County Bar Association.
The NORTHEAST BUSINESS JOURNAL named Paul as one of Northeast PA’s Top Twenty Under Forty for 2008.
Paul was published nationally in the February 2009 edition of TRIAL MAGAZINE, The Journal of the American Association for Justice for an article entitled Initial Steps In the Roadway Drop Off Case where he and his firm obtained a $14.5 million dollar settlement for a catastrophically injured client.
Paul received his Undergraduate Degree from the University of Scranton and graduated with Honors from the Duquesne University School of Law where he served as Student Bar Association President and was a member of the Justice Lewis Manderino Honor Society. Click “Trial Magazine” to read Danger on the Road, an article written by Paul T. Oven.
Paul and his wife, Katherine, live in Dunmore, PA and have three children – Matthew, Kathleen and Jack.