Scranton Moosic Simpson Workers Comp

Posted by Tom Cummings & filed under DLP Law, Workers Compensation.

Question: I got hurt at work. I need to get some medical treatment. My boss said that  I need to see the “company” doctor. Is that so? Anonymous, Simpson, Pa.

Answer: If your employer posts a list of designated physicians, you are required to treat with physicians on that list for 90 days. The dosctors on this list are commonly referred to as “panel” physicians.  This list must be posted in the workplace. The employer is required to notify employees that treatment with a panel provider is requiredfor the first 90 days after the injury. The employer must obtain written acknowledgement of that notification both at the time of hire and after the work injury.

If you’ve suffered a work injury and have questions about your claim, contact me at [email protected] or call (570) 347-1011 for a free consultation.

About the Author

Tom Cummings

E-mail: Tom Cummings
Google +

Thomas P. Cummings has been a Partner with Dougherty, Leventhal & Price, LLP since 1996 and has been with the firm since 1991. He focuses his practice on workers' compensation and Social Security Disability cases.

Comments are closed.