Scranton Moosic Nepa Work Injury Lawyer- Workers Comp

Posted by Tom Cummings & filed under DLP Law, Workers Compensation.

Question: I was injured at work last year. I was living outside of Pittsburgh at the time. My injury happened in Harrisburg when I was travelling on my job. I now live in the Scranton area. The insurance company told me that they will be filing some papers to stop my benefits. Will I have to travel to Harrisburg or Pittsburgh to have a hearing? Anonymous, Jermyn, Pa.

Answer: Your case will be heard by a workers compensation administrative law judge who will hold a hearing in the county where you reside at the time of the filing of the petition. If, for some reason, the petition filed by the insurance carrier/employer is assigned to a judge in the Pittsburgh or Harrisburg area, you can contact that judge and ask that the matter be reassigned to a judge sitting where you currently reside.

If you’ve suffered a work injury and have questions about your claim, contact me at [email protected] or call (570) 347-1011 for a free consultation.


About the Author

Tom Cummings

E-mail: Tom Cummings
Google +

Thomas P. Cummings has been a Partner with Dougherty, Leventhal & Price, LLP since 1996 and has been with the firm since 1991. He focuses his practice on workers' compensation and Social Security Disability cases.

Comments are closed.