Tenaciously Fighting for Your Freedom and Future – NEPA Criminal Defense Lawyers
When you or someone you love is arrested and charged with a crime or merely under investigation, the stress, anxiety and fear about the future can be overwhelming. Many people also feel embarrassment and delay in seeking legal representation from an experienced Pennsylvania criminal defense lawyer. Pennsylvania law enforcement officers and prosecutors are extremely aggressive in the investigating and prosecuting of criminal offenses. One of the worst mistakes that you can make is waiting to seek legal representation from an experienced Pennsylvania criminal defense lawyer.
Our Pennsylvania criminal defense attorneys at Dougherty, Leventhal and Price LLP are committed to assisting our clients in protecting their rights and future. Seven of our attorneys have been named Pennsylvania Super Lawyers by Philadelphia Magazine. Our experience, dedication and skill have facilitated our reputation throughout Pennsylvania for providing tenacious criminal defense designed to achieve dismissal of the charges against our clients or a substantial reduction in charges where the evidence is overwhelming. Our law firm works closely with private investigators and forensics experts when conducting criminal investigations to develop the best possible defense strategies for our clients.
Our Pennsylvania criminal defense law firm has a well established reputation throughout Northeast Pennsylvania among prosecutors and judges as a tenacious advocate for the freedom and rights of our clients. At the law firm of Dougherty, Leventhal and Price LLP, we provide exhaustive investigation, creative and effective litigation strategies and compelling courtroom advocacy.
We provide zealous criminal defense by aggressively fighting for our clients from the moment we are retained to the final resolution of our clients\’ criminal cases. We understand the fear that accompanies being under the specter of criminal charges so we keep our clients informed through every step of the criminal process to put our clients\’ fears to rest and ensure that they are informed regarding the significant developments in their criminal cases. We understand that a misdemeanor or felony conviction in Pennsylvania can have an enormous adverse impact on one\’s future so we work diligently to reduce the negative consequences of a criminal case on our clients\’ lives.
Our NEPA criminal defense law firm has handled hundreds of criminal cases from DUI and misdemeanors to major felonies including:
- Underage Drinking
- Furnishing minors with Alcohol
- DUI/DWI including Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD)
- Minor Drug Crimes
- Marijuana Possession
- Juvenile Offenses
- Traffic Offenses
- Driving on a Suspended License/Driving without a License
- Domestic Violence
- Hit and Run
- Probation Violations/Warrants
- Theft Crimes including Retail
- Vehicle Theft/Car Jacking
- Vehicular Manslaughter
- Weapons and Firearms Crimes
- White Collar Crimes
When our clients face serious criminal charges in Northeast Pennsylvania, we believe they deserve zealous defense because the government has virtually infinite financial resources at its disposal to seek a criminal conviction. Our NEPA criminal defense law firm will use all of our experience, expertise and resources to fight for your freedom, future and reputation. We have successfully represented thousands of criminal clients against both state and federal criminal charges.
If you are convicted of a Pennsylvania criminal offense, you may suffer very serious consequences including the following:
- Incarceration in state prison or county jail
- Substantial fines or the obligation to pay restitution
- Felony strike
- Registration as a sex offender resulting in limitations on where you may live, work or visit
- Suspension or revocation of driving privileges
- Community service
- Participation in mandatory counseling or classes
While these consequences can adversely impact your life and that of your family, there are other negative collateral effects that can impact your future even after you have fully served a criminal sentence. You may find roadblocks in obtaining housing, employment, higher education and occupational licensing as well as experience damage to your reputation. A criminal conviction can haunt many aspects of one\’s life long after one has fulfilled any formal terms of one\’s sentence. A criminal conviction can result in other informal consequences that may impair your future including:
- Disqualification for professional school or licensing (law school, medical school)
- Denial of financial aid for college
- Bars on certain occupations that require state licensing (teaching, real estate sales)
- Deportation or loss of other immigration benefits
- Limitations on where you may live, work or visit (i.e. sex offender registration)
- Loss of certain Constitutional rights (such as voting, jury service, firearm ownership)
- Damage to personal and professional reputation
Our experienced NEPA criminal defense attorneys employ a wide spectrum of defenses and strategies when seeking dismissal of charges or an acquittal after trial including:
- Seeking exclusion of evidence that was not obtained legally
- Using professional forensic investigators to gather exculpatory evidence
- Negotiating zealously for alternative sentencing, diversion or reduced charges
- Utilizing ballistics experts, polygraphist or other experts
- Challenging the sufficiency of the evidence provided by the prosecutor
- Seek exclusion of incriminating statements or confessions obtained illegally
These are just a few of the defense strategies that we may use when representing our clients against misdemeanor or felony charges in Pennsylvania. There are also many defenses that we use that are specific to the type of criminal charges in your case. Our Pennsylvania criminal defense attorneys do not rely on investigations conducted by law enforcement but engage in an independent investigation of the facts in our clients\’ criminal cases. People often are intimidated by law enforcement officers, which may influence witness statements. A timely independent investigation along with written statements from witnesses can help avoid manipulation and distortion of facts.
While you may have a right to a public defender, they typically have an enormous caseload and limited resources to devote to every case. Our law firm has the time and resources to provide the zealous defense that you need when facing serious criminal charges. We offer a free no obligation confidential consultation so we encourage you to contact us to see how we can help. Our Pennsylvania criminal defense team is committed to fighting for our clients\’ freedom and future.
We invite you to call us toll free at (877) DLP-9700 or (877) 357-9700 or visit us at one of our conveniently located offices in Moosic, Kingston, Honesdale or Hazleton. We serve all of Northeast Pennsylvania including but not limited to the following counties: Lackawanna County, Luzerne County, Wayne County, Pike County, Monroe County, Carbon County, Wyoming County, Susquehanna County and Columbia County. Call us today to see how we can help!